DWA Role Vacancy – Media Account Executive
DWA is data driven media planning and buying shop. We cater specifically to the Tech sector and work with some of the world’s biggest players in the category. A number of recent new business wins (with more to come!) have sparked the hunt for new talent. Our clients are sophisticated and have interesting challenges that require broad thinking, that extends beyond media reach and frequency.
We’re looking for a gun account coordinator, or account executive looking to make a move and join an awesome team of switched-on and extremely good-looking media professionals, working on big brands with interesting challenges and sophisticated marketers.
The wider agency has a great culture, and included are all the typical industry perks. We work hard, and we balance that with a rounded approach to health and wellbeing. You’re entitled to late starts in winter to hit the gym, and when the weathers hot we make the most of it with Friday social occasions. Each month we come together over a buffet breakfast and get inspired with a team cultural outing.
In this role, your learning will be accelerated; you’ll wear many hats and be closer to the real business challenges of your clients (not just hitting R&F targets!). We are serious about career progression and within your role, we will create a bespoke development plan for you, tailored to current and future competencies that will have you achieving your goals faster.
DWA has recently been acquired by Merkle, the world’s leading data driven performance agency. This means you’ll be exposed to best in class technology solutions and platforms, and be able to deliver client work that is truly cutting edge.
To qualify for this role, you should -
- HAVE 9–24 months experience in an agency role. This role is perfect for a media account coordinator looking to step up.
- BE organised and work with the AM to manage competing priorities.
- BE detail orientated. You’ll be dealing with big dollars and intricate campaign data, where accuracy is paramount.
- HAVE You’ll be negotiating with sales people, delegating tasks to a junior member of staff, and presenting to senior clients.
To excel in this role, you should –
- BE naturally curious. Delivering great media work requires divergent thinking, influenced by a wide variety of sources.
- BE a problem solver. You’ll encounter numerous challenges in the role that will require an entrepreneurial approach. Easy answers to complicated briefs won’t often present themselves. Resources and time may be limited.
- HAVE a strong point of view. You’ll be employed for your media expertise and informed opinion.
The day to day –
- Meeting with your AM to discuss client work in progress and map out your tasks.
- Delegate, where appropriate to your AC and help manage their workload.
- Assist your AM in implementation for top tier clients, while proactively planning on your own patch of developing clients.
- Checking of campaign pacing and performance (and optimisation where necessary) across multiple media channels (we buy TV, radio, OOH, print, direct & programmatic display, social etc.)
- Analysing and interpreting campaign performance, and providing insights to team and clients. Developing the campaign and post-campaign reporting process with the AM.
- Researching the market. Reading trade press to understand the industry and be aware of developments in marketing, ad technology and the broader Tech category and the sharing of insights with the wider agency and clients.
- Meeting with publishers, suppliers and tech partners to develop understanding of the advertising ecosystem and bring great ideas back to our clients.
- Presenting internally on client overviews, industry developments, media channel updates. Presenting externally, leading client WIPs, taking part in post-campaign presentations, and strategy recommendations.
If this sounds like you, and you can handle all the stated tasks, and then some, please send your CV with a cover letter through to the Account Director, Tim Brogan, email@example.com
- Cover Letter
Submit Applications To: TimB@dwamedia.com
Contact Name: Tim Brogan