Employer: Ikon Communications
If you’re a recent graduate with a relevant qualification (or if you are finishing off your degree this
year) and are interested in forging your career in the media/ marketing industry, then this may be the role for you. We are seeking a motivated and passionate candidate with degree-level training in either:
A strong quantitative discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Studies, Econometrics or Data Science)
Programming (Specifically SQL and Python Programming).
Although this role is a full time position we are open to candidates that are currently finishing their
university studies and may need to start in a part time capacity to transition into full time employment once university is completed. We are also open to candidates who have up to one year’s industry experience.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to Matthew Cranley (Data Science Manager, Ikon Sydney).
3 best things about the job:
- You’ll work in a dynamic media environment and learn your craft on a broad range of blue- chip, data-rich clients.
- You’ll be given a high degree of responsibility early-on for constructing and maintaining SQL- based information systems and Tableau dashboards.
- You’ll be given opportunities to transform and automate data systems, unlock business growth opportunities for clients, and provide invaluable insight.
Measures of success
In three months:
- Develop an understanding of the Ikon business and our key differentiators in market
- Develop an understanding of our clients engaging with the Data Science team Develop relationships with your team and peers in the Ikon family
- Develop an understanding of key data systems and ETL processes.
In six months:
- Update (including data ETL), validate and publish Tableau dashboards consistent with firm deadlines.
- Provide tangible support to Senior Data Scientists and the Data Science Manager in the preparation, analysis and visualization of data.
In 12 months:
- Design, build and maintain marketing dashboards through Tableau for clients and internal Ikon stakeholders.
- Manage the extraction, transformation and loading of data into SQL and other information systems.
- Amend and evolve existing data management systems and dashboards to meet the changing needs of clients.
- Complete ad-hoc analysis and data mining as required.
What you will need:
- Strong academic background in either a quantitative field (e.g. Maths/ Stats) or
- Programming (SQL and Python).
- Excellent attention to detail and a passion for excellence.
- A keen interest to learn, develop and grow professionally. Open to honest feedback – both good and bad.
Challenge how it’s always been done. Be different in every interaction
Mindset of making work fun. If it’s starting to feel like a job, then change something. Surprise us. Surprise yourself.
Nice to have:
Whilst not essential, experience with one or more of the following technologies would be advantageous:
Google Analytics Google BigQuery Adobe Analytics Hadoop/ Hive
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full service communications agency with over $450m in billings across offices in Sydney,
Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Auckland.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client.
For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data analytics, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below:
Submit Applications To: Matthew_Cranley@ikoncommunications.com.au
Contact Name: Mathhew Cranley