Overview of job
An exciting opportunity for a Graduate to kick-off a career in Performance, executing client’s paid search, paid social and programmatic campaigns, working closely with the Performance Director, Head of Performance and Client Leadership Team to drive outcomes for our client. We will train and develop you to become a specialist in the management of performance media campaigns. You will assist in the planning, set up and management of our client’s performance campaigns, contribute to establishing strong relationships with internal stakeholders, media and technology partners,. You will be empowered to be involved widely across the agency, gaining exposure to all stages of the process.
Three best things about the job:
- Exposure to learn and develop a specialism in Performance media campaign management
- Being part of an agile, collaborative and supportive team that likes to have fun whilst doing great work for our clients.
- Becoming part of the Ikon Sydney family, with an opportunity to challenge the status quo and start your media career
Measures of success
In three months:
- You will have secured accreditations across a number of digital platforms and ad technologies
- You will have an understanding to the mechanics of search, social or programmatic and have experience using the platforms
- You will be supporting your team’s performance portfolio, reporting on results, monitoring campaign progress and executing finance processes.
In six months:
- You will be confident in setting up and executing performance campaigns in paid search, social or programmatic
- Be confident in how to navigate and use the tools and systems required to manage performance media campaigns
- You will be supporting the performance manager with the running of a portfolio of clients including client communications, understanding their KPIs and how to optimise to achieve these
- You will have an understanding of the performance media ecosystem and our key partners
In twelve months:
- You will be an integral member of the performance team, made up of 30 performance specialists nationally
- You will be able to apply best practices to the set up and monitoring of performance campaigns
- Be able to proactively identify what optimization levers are available to improve performance to meet your client’s KPIs
- You will be able to report on performance writing actionable and insightful commentary
- You will be able to build media plans with the support of the Performance Manager
Responsibilities of the role:
This role is within the performance team, who are a team of passionate specialists combining paid social, search and programmatic. You will be working with experts in each of these fields to become knowledgeable and develop your capability in Ikon’s cross functional offerings. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the approved media plans are set up, executed and monitored to the highest standard, whilst developing your specialist capability across the performance channels. You will pull and interrogate data to feed into reporting, contributing to the writing actionable commentary to continuously develop our campaign performance. You will be integral to ensuing best practices are implemented to ensure all outputs are completed to the highest standard and accuracy.
What you will need:
- A curiosity to make a difference
- Passion … think about the client’s money like you do your own!
- A keen interest to learn, develop and push yourself
- Enthusiasm for all things digital and passionate about developing a career within performance media
- Can provide a description of what Paid Search, Paid Social or Programmatic media is
- Analytically minded, with insane curiosity to spot trends in data and high attention to detail
- Experience using basic features of excel
- Programming or coding knowledge would be a bonus
- Challenge how it’s always been done. Be different in every interaction
- Courage for constant feedback
- Roll your sleeves up. Help out. Pitch in and nurture the pack
- Make it fun. If it’s starting to feel like a job, then change something. Surprise us. Surprise you
About Ikon Communications
Ikon is a full-service communications agency with over $400m in billings across offices in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
We have the breadth and depth of experience to create bespoke solutions for each and every client. For some, that might be a full suite of services from strategy, data, creative and media. For others, it could simply be amplifying a marketing spend across search and social.
You can learn more about what it means to be an Ikonoclast by visiting our website below:
Apply directly with your CV and Cover Letter here http://app.jobvite.com/m?3Doljkwu