Head of NGEN
Expiry Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2019Employer: MFA
Start date: 5th August 2019 (6-week handover) full-time role
Want to be part of a supportive, fun team and help make a difference in the career of young people in the media industry? The MFA is looking for a Head of NGEN, based in our funky offices in the heart of Surry Hills.
NGEN is an initiative of the MFA, set up in 2008 to help those with less than five years’ experience in the media industry that are looking to make an impact, not only in their day-to-day jobs, but also on the future of the media industry. Through a range of learning and development workshops, activities and events, NGEN provides members the opportunities to meet like-minded people, share ideas, as well as be inspired by outstanding and experienced mentors and role models from within the media industry.
As Head of NGEN, you will champion a dynamic and thriving media industry and make a difference in the career of young media professionals.
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
- Managing and maintaining the relationships of Senior Contacts and Key Contacts for all our members. This includes 32 media agencies and 27 publisher companies (radio, TV, OOH, online and traditional publishers).
- Developing marketing tools to create awareness in each of our member companies. This includes presentations, hype reel, eDMs and Media i creative.
- Managing budget for events and marketing.
- Tracking current member engagement and reporting each quarter.
- Managing a database of 3,000 nationally – Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
- Content creation for website, workshops and eDMs.
- Overseeing all email marketing for all workshops – includes eDMs, Media i, and social platforms.
- Lead and manage each yearly calendar.
- Overseeing attendance for all workshops.
- Sourcing, booking and briefing all facilitators and industry speakers for all our workshops.
- Manage the facilitation of over 65 workshops each year across Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Managing and maintaining committee groups in Sydney (32 members) Melbourne (24 members) and Brisbane (15 members).
- Facilitating strategy sessions in all markets to assist in creating the following year’s strategic direction, themes and workshops.
- Event management of our annual Charity Cup, raising over $120K over the past five years.
- Event management of annual NGEN Halloween party for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- Cover Letter
Submit Applications To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Name: Linda Wong
Contact Number: 0292829634