MFA How to Buy Television Course
About the MFA How to Buy Television course
The MFA How to Buy TV Program is available as e-Learning.
Television is always changing and evolving, and TV is being traded new and dynamic ways. While incredibly exciting, these developments have made the TV advertising buying process increasingly complex.
Our ambition is to ensure that individuals in our industry are equipped early in their agency careers with the best practice skills, confidence, and practical knowledge to trade television advertising at an industry high standard. We do this by providing MFA members with consistent, best practice learning and a step-by-step guide on how to buy an advertising campaign on television.
Through this course, participants will gain an understanding of pre-buy preparation, best practice buying, optimisation, briefing partners, ongoing management & optimisation, and how BVOD is traded.
Participants will receive professional certification as evidence of their knowledge upon successful completion of one exam and a Live TV buy assessment.
When participants register, they will need to nominate an eligible agency mentor to provide support and assess the Live TV buy requirement of this course. Mentors must have 3+ years of television buying experience. An overview of the assessment and an example scorecard can be downloaded below.
The course has been designed for those who have previously completed the MFA Television Foundations course.
When you register:
- You must select a semester, exam date, time and provide the name and email address of your Mentor
- Semesters run for 9 weeks including study weeks and one exam
- MFA Certification is achieved based on a pass rate of 80% or more.
- There will be 2 semesters per year: Autumn and Spring.
Ensure you check the semester and exam date as the booking is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Once your registration is complete, you will receive an email to confirm your booking. You will only gain access to the platform when the semester begins. All registered participants will receive an email on the semester start date with details on how to access the e-Learning platform. Please note, prior to this email, you will not be able to access the content.
- Time required varies based on existing knowledge and learning styles. Plan for 2-5 hours per week.
Payment is required upfront.
Registration per individual is $250 plus gst.